Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

Peter Larsen wrote:
Phil Allison wrote:

Of course it has, the stickers make it much more accurate...Sheesh,
don't you know anything?

** I imagined it might be Julian Hirsch's aura and sweaty finger
prints that made the difference.

There quite possibly is some extra market value because of it. However

Bit like a Strat that had once belonged to Jimi Hendrix.

For audiophile grade measurements use them with this:

http://www.russandrews.com/product.a...NULQPHBZIBBHUY

mains cable. Many banks ask you to pay for having money stored in their
system and this mains cable will remedy that problem and thus really be a
saving.

O;-)

.... Phil

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

How do they deal with the mains conductors back to the community
step-down transformer?

I suspect there is money to be mined in fixing the power input to the
high-end fools that buy these power cords.

"What if I can’t remove my mains lead? Cut off the mains cable about 3
inches (7.5cm) from where it enters your equipment and wire on a male
IEC plug as shown. " ROTFLMAO!

For further amusement read the Burn-In extra (only £15) feature because
otherwise you may have to wait over 500 hours to hear any difference
with your new power cord or silver RCA cords!

Fuses 13A made to BS-1362 standards (required by law in the UK for mains
fuses)...reading the notes about these £15.75 (pack of five) fuses that
everyone else sells for £1.25 (pack of four).

---------------------(quote)------------------------
You may notice that we cover the screw on some of our mains cables with
a 'Warranty - Void if Removed' sticker. This is to discourage people
from tampering with the cable in the plug. It's very difficult to work
with and we had a number of instances where people had tried to
de-solder their cables from the plug, ended up with a terrible mess and
sent it back to us to sort out. If you need to reterminate your cables,
we only charge a nominal retermination fee and you keep your warranty.

We appreciate, however that you need to destroy this label when you
replace the fuse with our new Russ Andrews fuses. You will not void your
warranty if you simply replace the fuse. Russ Andrews fuses are supplied
with 'Fitted with Russ Andrews Fuse' stickers to fit over the existing
warranty label. If you replace the fuse and then stick the new label
over the old warranty label, we'll know that you've simply replaced the
fuse if you return the cable for upgrade or repair in the future. It's
also a useful way for you to know which cables you've upgraded with a
better fuse!

(shaking head sadly)

I'm obviously in the wrong end of things - I offer tech tips to save
people money and to try and teach them how to maintain their toys.

John ;-#)#

www.flippers.com