Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair
recursor recursor is offline

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

On 12/31/2011 04:57 PM, Peter Larsen wrote:
David Looser wrote:

I don't have any confidence in the long-term reliability of the HDMI
connector and the PCB mounted sockets will be almost impossible to
replace. So I predict that plenty of otherwise perfectly servicable
bits of kit will be scrapped just because the HDMI connectors no
longer make good reliable contact.

I found some specs for harddisk interface cables, the IDE version is
designed for 5000 operations, the SATA version for 50. Divide by 10 since it
is salesmans claims and you get an intense wish of not removing and
replugging a harddisk cable unless you absolutely MUST.

My reason for the googling for this info was my having to discard a brand
new disk because of a clumsy hand move inside the box breaking the plug on
the disk. Fortunately the disk was empty.

Decent latching SATA cables are ok, unfortunately a lot of the ones
supplied with mobos or ready built boxes are of the cheap non-latching
variety and some of these are hardly good for one insertion/removal cycle.