Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair
David Looser David Looser is offline

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

"Don Pearce" wrote in message

I wish they would redesign HDMI, though. It suffers from precisely the
same defect as SCART - the cable is too thick and springy, and the
flimsy connector has no detent. Rubbish piece of design.

I entirely agree. I wish they'd retained the vastly superior DVI connector
for HDMI, but I guess its that little bit more expensive.

I don't have any confidence in the long-term reliability of the HDMI
connector and the PCB mounted sockets will be almost impossible to replace.
So I predict that plenty of otherwise perfectly servicable bits of kit will
be scrapped just because the HDMI connectors no longer make good reliable
contact.

David.