Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dennisgauge@gmail.com is offline

Default Pinhole in 2" Steam pipe

On Dec 30, 12:41*pm, Mikepier wrote:
Usually I just cut the pipe with a sawzall, leaving the stub of pipe
sticking out of the fitting. Then I cut 2 small notches inside the
stub, cutting it in 2, and it comes out clean.

That's probably the safest way to do it. If you go romping on the pipe
trying to remove it, you're likely to end up damaging the plumbing
further down the line.

Spent a lot of time as a kid helping the old man chase down rotten old
iron pipes in the barn. Seemed like you always ended up replacing
three pipes for every one that leaked because you wrecked them getting
to the leaky pipe.