Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default LED Series Christmas Lights

On Dec 29, 8:01*pm, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 19:04:33 -0800 (PST), spamtrap1888

wrote:
On Dec 27, 7:49*pm, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

It's almost 2012 and I'm going broke fixing electronics and giving
away free advice on Usenet. *So, I'm slowly switching back to fixing
sewing machines. *(I was my fathers ace mechanic when he owned a
factory in the L.A. garment district). *No flashing lights, but plenty
opportunity to do damage.

Where are teh sweatshops?

Alive and well in China and Vietnam.
https://www.google.com/search?q=china+sweatshops&tbm=isch
We sold the biz shortly after my father had a stroke in 1986. *At the
time, the downtown area of Smog Angeles was in the process of morphing
into a disaster area. *Reputable businesses and stores were moving
out, to be replaced by importers, discounters, and empty factories.
http://www.thesanteealley.com
Very little of what's being sold was made locally.

Many garment manufacturers were purchased and had the entire factory
shipped overseas. *Most of the garment production initially went to
Korea, which was also the main source of synthetic material. *It then
shifted to Viet Nam where there are still large factories. *Viet Nam
couldn't handle the huge growth in low cost clothes, so much of the
business went to China. *Some also went to Mexican maquiladoras, but
nothing compared to the volume in China.

So, were you just joking, or are you planning to move to China?