Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@att.net is offline

Default LED Series Christmas Lights

On Dec 29, 8:02*am, Andrew Rossmann
wrote:
In article 8b7174c5-7170-4ec6-9871-c33915515084
@f1g2000yqi.googlegroups.com, says...

Really fast forward to 2011, I still enjoy playing with Christmas
lights.

As long as you can get them back into a nice string instead of a bundled
ball!

law!!http://home.comcast.net/~andyross

I use corrogated (sp?) cardboard , about 12" tall and 5" wide, with an
hourglass waist so the 5" is only 3" wide and wrap them around that.
I make sure to roll them up, not twirl them up, so that they don't
rotate the remaining string as I wind them on. Works great getting
them back off except on those strings that have little ears on the
sockets for the anchor-style bulbs, or those mesh style sockets where
there are two ears used to make the mesh netting effect. Oh well, if
that's the worst thing in life, I have it pretty easy. There are some
advantagers to getting old and being retired so I have time to play
with these things.