Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Charles Charles is offline

Default A little fun to lighten these dark times ...

"Baron" wrote in message ...

Arfa Daily Inscribed thus:

It never ceases to amaze me what comes through the workshop door. This
week's bizarre item - taken in for me to look at by a music shop !! -
was a strange sort of 'Dalek' thingy on four castors. About three and
a half feet tall, with a large control panel on top, and lots of
intimidating attachments sprouting from a bunch of connectors at the
back. Turned out to be a home 'Ultrasonic Liposuction Machine' ...

It's unbelievable what people will shell out their hard-earned on.
Anyways, this thing comes from China, and it had lasted for all of 5
minutes before a burning smell, and cessation of all functionality.
The proud owners had got back onto the company who made it, who
helpfully suggested that they return it for repair / replacement.
Shipping ? 160 quid ! So they decided to ignore the warranty and let
me have a look. In the meantime, the manufacturers sent the guy a
replacement main board. Anyways, long story short, there was a bloody
great transistor in the middle of the board that was short. I'm not
sure if it is for the 500kHz RF output, or the 40kHz Ultrasonic
output, but whichever, the fact of it being short, had ****ted the
primary of the mains transformer, before the now shorted turns, had
blown the mains fuse. The three secondary windings had no fusing of
their own. The final decision was to replace the three winding tranny,
with three individual trannies sourced in the UK, and to fit secondary
fuses. This all done, with the replacement board in, it worked again.

So what about the "fun" bit ? Well, I'm sure that we've all seen the
'translated direct from the Japanese' user manuals of thirty years
ago, and had a good laugh. Seems now that the art of producing funny
manuals, has passed to the Chinese. I've seen some pretty good ones
over the last few years, but I reckon that the one for this piece of
equipment, has to be the best yet.

Here's a couple of examples

* Ultrasonic Liposuction Equipment, through high energy deep-level
transport, takes 1100nm-1500nm high ultrasonic head to shoot out
violent energy, produces itch cavitation in cellulite cells, forms
* countless tiny vacuum oxygen bubbles, by means of the pressure to
make FAT cells membrane, act on the cellulite, breaks them, then
exhaust out of the body by lymphatic system.

and

* It takes the most advanced RF technique and energy, directly
penetrate into deep-seated cellulite. With targeted oriented RF
output, it makes the fatty cells in quick active state, produces heat
friction, * higher the partial temperature. Through the sweat gland,
liver sausage circulation and lymph, exhaust the redundant fatness and
toxins out of the body, so get the effect of cellulite dissolving.

The whole thing can be seen at

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-40KHZ-...item19ca636e3c

After it was repaired, I gave it a try, but I'm not sure if I
exhausted any
fat via my liver sausage ... :-)

Arfa

I think I would be concerned about what it might do to other cells in
the body !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Collateral damage. Ugly results can occur.

Dieting (with total avoidance of alcohol) and limited carbs will almost
always work. No kidding ... just try it.