Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Another stupid question

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 08:21:40 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

Find an "average" American who reads non-fiction books, * who knows anything
about anything that hasn't been presented to him or her via mass
communication or mass "culture". Find one who'd willing to consider points
of view other than his or her own.

Me, me, me... I believe in "Learn by Destroying" which does not
include getting my science from the TV. I read plenty of non-fiction.

You won't find many.

Sniff...

By the way, I don't believe in "one-world government". By the time human
beings progress to the point where it would workable without Fascist
coercion, there would be no need for it.

Correct. If we had a single world government, it might become too
efficient and effective for the good of the governed. Better to let
the governments fight among each other than to direct their attention
at the people.

The problem with the world is people. And I'm not the first to say it.
Tarzan even said it in a movie.

Right. The planet would be a nice place without people to mess things
up. I once had a college professor announce that the college would be
a nice place to work were it not for the students.

* I think this is what Howard Beale means when he says "Only 3% of you read
books".

That's difficult to believe considering the large number of books
published yearly. The books go somewhere besides libraries and
recycling centers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Books_published_per_country_per_year

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com