Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default What's Going To Happen To All My Stuff?

Nelson wrote:

Heh! I have actually been thinking about that as mortality closes in.
The problem is that I have a lot of very unique stuff that would be
quite valuable to a small group of collectors but junk to most people.
The ability to recognize it plus the amount of effort to identify and
market it to those collectors probably means that a most of it will
just end up in the trash. A pity.

There's a ham on youtube who is selling off thestuff he no longer needs.
What he wants to keep, he put price stickers on. His will has
instructions on how to dispose of the stuff with price stickers and to
ask what the sticker says on it.

You should find homes for the older stuff, especially things with vacuum tubes
in it.

Here in Jerusalem we've had a resurgance of ham radio, with a bunch of hams
who long ago stopped being active and put their prized rigs into storage.
So there is now a glut of "vintage" ham gear coming out of storage, most
of which will explode if it is plugged in and turned on. :-(

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(