Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ray[_10_] Ray[_10_] is offline

Default Insignia is-pd040922 7" portable dvd player with "no disk"

I used the Hitachi pickup as a general example that illustrates the
point that there are two laser diodes in a DVD player. I have no idea
what kind of pickup is actually used in your unit.

BTW, it's "Franc", originally pronounced as in Franz, but pronounced
as "Frank" when anglicised. And Frances is a female name -- Francis is
male. :-)

- Franc Zabkar

Sorry Franc, I guess I didnt think about this being an international
group... Need to be more careful...

Actually I did not use your info to look up the pickup. Thats a coincidence

I had already googled the part number on the pickup which is
5f28046446e61200 which eventually led me to the ebay unit which looks
identical to mine, so I guess the question still is "If this is the right
Pickup would it require complicated adjustment, or is there a reasonable
chance it would just work ? " I'm willing to gamble if the chances are at
least 50 50, just for the experience.

Ray