Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ray[_10_] Ray[_10_] is offline

Default Insignia is-pd040922 7" portable dvd player with "no disk"

I guess these lasers must be integrated into the same lens, cause I cant
see
2 different optical units..

Here is a reference circuit for a Cheertek chipset:
http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/DVD...65-AM5868S.pdf

You can see the pinout of a Hitachi HOP-1200W optical pickup at the
top of page 3. Notice that there are separate pins for the DVD and CD
laser diodes (DVDLD and CDLD).

- Franc Zabkar

Thanks Frances

I found what looks to be the same assembly as mine on ebay

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/170696204492?... 4.m1423.l2649

Do you think it would work without much adjusting ? Everything looks fixed
except
for 2 little round things on the side of the pickup that might be pots,
except
I dont see a screwdriver slot. Looking at your diagram I cant spot any
adjustments

for only about $10 it might be worth trying

Ray