Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Dimmers & LEDs

wrote:
I have a 150W bulb in my study with a dimmer. THe bulb slightly browns the
ceiling.

I am looking to putting in an LED but I keep seeing limitations
referring to "leading edge dimmers". What is this?

I don't trust halogens in my cluttered study.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

You may want to read up on spontaneous combustion of wood products
exposed to long term heat. Ignition can occur below the normal burning
point due to carbonization of the wood...common problem with wood stoves
where they are too close to a wall.

You really need to fix that before you light your ceiling on fire!

John :-#(#

www.flippers.com