Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zacharias Mark Zacharias is offline

Default Potentiometer fix?

"~BD~" wrote in message
spamtrap1888 wrote:
The volume control of the cheapie Sony "transistor" AM FM radio I
bought about a year ago does not operate smoothly at low volumes.
Could I try spraying it with something, and if so, what do people
recommend?

Even if not cost-effective, I hate to throw things away. Further, it
has the best FM performance of any small radio I have ever had.

Have you tried 'working' it - turning it rapidly clockwise then
counter-clockwise (or rapidly up and down if a slider mechanism) - for 20
seconds or so?

That should clear any dust which may be affecting its operation.

HTH

That should work - for about 20 seconds or so.

Mark Z.