Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Lund-Nielsen, Jorgen Lund-Nielsen, Jorgen is offline

Default Potentiometer fix?

Am 14.12.2011 18:43, schrieb spamtrap1888:
The volume control of the cheapie Sony "transistor" AM FM radio I
bought about a year ago does not operate smoothly at low volumes.
Could I try spraying it with something, and if so, what do people
recommend?

Even if not cost-effective, I hate to throw things away. Further, it
has the best FM performance of any small radio I have ever had.

If there are loud "scratching noises" from the speaker during moving the
pot, then, aditional to the cleaning tips from the others, look for bad
elytics that may have leaking currents causing DC at the pot.

Jorgen