Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Radiator reflective foil

On 14/12/2011 15:04, fred wrote:
In article , Moonraker
writes
Does it lose its effectiveness if emulsioned over? This one, though
expensive looks ideal, any experience here please?
http://www..co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/268

On balance it looks like a greensploitation site to me.

This absolutely stinks of false review/mention spam but benefit of the
doubt given:

The only stuff like this that works is foil with a thin layer of
insulation backing that is stuck to or otherwise fitted very close to
the wall. It works by reflecting radiated heat and providing a little
insulation where it is most needed. Painting it will remove any
radiation reflecting benefit.

Attaching bare foil of any flavour directly to the radiator, as proposed
on the linked site, is a total waste of time and is highly likely to
reduce the heat output from the radiator.

Given the apparent misinformation presented on the linked site I would
recommend avoiding it..

I'll second that.

Regards,
Martin Brown