Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Dan Coby Dan Coby is offline

Default Calling all math wizards...

On 12/12/2011 7:13 PM, Kevin Miller wrote:
On 12/12/2011 07:19 AM, Dan Coby wrote:

You are welcome.

I did work out the criteria for when you need to use the first set of
equations.

If e*cos(theta) b then use the first of equations otherwise use the
second set of equations.

Cool, thanks again.

FWIW, DJ Delorie created an online calculator that uses the equations at http://www.delorie.com/wood/revseg.html

Appreciate all the help from everyone!

...Kevin

Great. I see that he implemented both sets of equations along with the test
for when to use which set. (And they appear to work. It is always nice to
see things when they work.)

I see two red circles and two blue circles. The red circles are the inner and
outer radii. One of the blue circles shows the inner edge of the segments. However
the purpose of the other blue circle is a mystery to me.

What is the purpose of the second blue circle?

Dan