Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default Another stupid question

On Dec 11, 11:15*am, klem kedidelhopper
wrote:
On Dec 11, 1:57*pm, wrote:

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 05:47:45 -0800 (PST), klem kedidelhopper

wrote:
I used to run my cable and antenna through my VCR and record my
programs and then watch them on my old TV. Well now since the recent
digital transition I can no longer do that, so I was wondering if
anyone knows if it's possible or has ever managed to get a composite
video signal out of a flat screen TV? It seems as though I recall that
this was available on some of the older tube sets but I've never seen
it on a flat screen. Obviously I really don't give a damn about HD. I
would just like to record my programs on my VCR. I realize that
building ground, and live chassis issues would have to be dealt with
but aside from that can it be done? I just fixed up a Visio VP322 that
a customer left here and I plan on using this set in our living room.

If you are repairng TVs it's time to move into the 21st century.

*Look
into the various DVRs available. *TiVo is the premier brand, but

there
are others.

PlainBill

And why PlainBill do I personally need all that stuff, because YOU

say
I do? Lenny

Because Bill is right. The PC is barely bigger than the crappy VCR
(and ALL VCRs are crappy compared to the PC) you want to use. I have
remote controls for the PC that do the same function as the VCR, just
better. I promise that if you try it you'll wonder why you didn't
change sooner.