Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andrew Rossmann Andrew Rossmann is offline

Default Another stupid question

[This followup was posted to sci.electronics.repair and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article 726d73a3-50b9-4ad2-bf08-7bfd9ec0c6f1
@w3g2000vbw.googlegroups.com, says...

I used to run my cable and antenna through my VCR and record my
programs and then watch them on my old TV. Well now since the recent
digital transition I can no longer do that, so I was wondering if
anyone knows if it's possible or has ever managed to get a composite
video signal out of a flat screen TV? It seems as though I recall that
this was available on some of the older tube sets but I've never seen
it on a flat screen. Obviously I really don't give a damn about HD. I
would just like to record my programs on my VCR. I realize that
building ground, and live chassis issues would have to be dealt with
but aside from that can it be done? I just fixed up a Visio VP322 that
a customer left here and I plan on using this set in our living room.

Even on TV's that had video output, it usually only worked for ANALOG
signals. Digital signals were always locked to the TV so as not to ****
off the media companies.

law!!
http://home.comcast.net/~andyross