Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Windmill[_3_] Windmill[_3_] is offline

Default Flashing LED on old Quantum HDD PCB

lid (Mike) writes:

In article ,
Windmill wrote:
I can hope that it's something fixable, if I can just find a table
which explains the code.

In the older days, I had a nice big ST506 MFM shoebox sized 5.25" full
height drive. It used to fail to spin up with a blink code.

Reason: one lousy transistor that was responsible for lifting the
"brakes" solenoid off the motor, used to go pop. Never did find out why.
Just replace and continue

I have the background & most of the equipment to do things like that
but not the technical info nor the ability to easily work on SMDs (need
newer reading glasses, steadier hands, and less absent-mindedness).
'Age I do abhor thee', as the man said.

--
Windmill,
Use t m i l l