Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Fierce brake on bike

"DerbyBoy" No-one wrote in message
Grandson's bike has a rather fierce front brake which tends to throw him
over the handlebars when he uses it. How can I tame it?

Possibly uk.rec.cycling.moderated might be a better place for this question?

Firstly, have you checked that the brake is set up properly?
If there is too much for and aft movement on a front brake then as it flexes
it can put the brake on harder.
Also, check that the brake pads aren't toed in too much as I think that can
have a similar effect.

http://sheldonbrown.com/brakes/index.html is a good place to look for
information.

[Not even bunny]