Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rebuild Bosch cordless drill batteries?

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 15:04:13 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:17:46 -0500, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

In article ,
Gunner Asch wrote:

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 17:19:55 -0500, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

In article
,
"Denis G." wrote:

On Nov 23, 12:44 pm, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
I have a perfectly good Bosch 18-volt model 3850 cordless drill that I
bought new for $200 in June 2000 at a closeout sale that is getting weak
as the batteries wear out. The batteries (model 2 610995 894) are NiMH
construction.

Bosch sells replacement batteries for $120 list each, and I need two.

http://store.boschpowertoolsource.com/boba18voba.html

But $240 is a good fraction of the price to simply buy another cordless
drill, so Bosch batteries are not going to happen.

There was a company that rebuilds tool batteries for far less. Who was
it?

Thanks,

Joe Gwinn

There was a thread about this on Mar 18th [2011]. Link:
http://tinyurl.com/745lrdj

Two rebuilders mentioned we
http://www.primecell.com/pctools.htm
http://www.voltmanbatteries.com/servlet/StoreFront

I did recall that there was such a thread, but didn't recall enough to
find it, but you did recall. For the record, the subject was "Sawsall
batteries" and the thread started on 17 March 2011 (for when the tiny
url quits working.)

Thanks,

Joe Gwinn

Ive used Batteries Plus a fair number of times..for machine tool
Ram/Cmos batteries. Haas wanted $300 for a battery pack that I bought
for .....$30

$300? Rape!

There is a new BatteriesPlus store near me. Think I'll wander in.

Joe Gwinn

In the machine tool industry...take a fitting/device, multiply it by 5x
to 10x and then sell it as OEM equipment.

Most of you guys are not aware of the costs involved in keeping current
machinery alive and operational.

There are no "discounts" when it comes to CNC machines or their parts.

Like the control panel for that INECO bender. $700, and all it is is
an interface board, $3 LCD and a $69 (Retail) Rabbit Semiconductor
RCM2000 computer board that you can buy from Digikey.

ayup.

Gunner Asch