Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Ijames Carl Ijames is offline

Default Rebuild Bosch cordless drill batteries?

+1 on www.primecell.com, I've had them rebuild about 7 DeWalt 12V and 14.4V
packs at work and the rebuilds last at least as long as the originals
(charge and # of cycles). They say they can deal with glued-together packs,
and they get $48 to rebuild a NiCd pack which is only a $3 savings on those
XRP packs you found - great find! I rebuilt a couple of DeWalts using the
cheapest cells I could find (www.all-battery.com) and Primecell's price is
about what those cells cost, plus the hour or so of my time per pack
learning a new skill :-).

Remember to stop using a battery as soon as you detect your tool beginning
to slow down. The higher the pack voltage the more critical this is. If
you take it all the way down so the tool stalls you are virtually guaranteed
to be reverse charging (and thus damaging) at least one cell.

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames
"Gerald Miller" wrote in message

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 13:44:32 -0500, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

I have a perfectly good Bosch 18-volt model 3850 cordless drill that I
bought new for $200 in June 2000 at a closeout sale that is getting weak
as the batteries wear out. The batteries (model 2 610995 894) are NiMH
construction.

Bosch sells replacement batteries for $120 list each, and I need two.

http://store.boschpowertoolsource.com/boba18voba.html

But $240 is a good fraction of the price to simply buy another cordless
drill, so Bosch batteries are not going to happen.

There was a company that rebuilds tool batteries for far less. Who was
it?

Thanks,

Joe Gwinn

Went to the local Borg to pick up a 2 x 4 and while there I took a
quick look to price a replacement 18V. De Walt battery since I have
one that needs a rebuild. Sure enough, there are the 18V XRP batteries
on the display tagged @ $119.00. next hook over are 2 packs priced
$99.00 each, (was $179.00). Took a 2 pack to the check out and sure
enough it went through for $99.00. Best price I've seen for rebuild is
$58.00.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada