Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Rebuild Bosch cordless drill batteries?

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 21:48:21 -0500, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

In article ,
Gerald Miller wrote:

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 13:44:32 -0500, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

I have a perfectly good Bosch 18-volt model 3850 cordless drill that I
bought new for $200 in June 2000 at a closeout sale that is getting weak
as the batteries wear out. The batteries (model 2 610995 894) are NiMH
construction.

Bosch sells replacement batteries for $120 list each, and I need two.

http://store.boschpowertoolsource.com/boba18voba.html

But $240 is a good fraction of the price to simply buy another cordless
drill, so Bosch batteries are not going to happen.

There was a company that rebuilds tool batteries for far less. Who was
it?

Thanks,

Joe Gwinn

Went to the local Borg to pick up a 2 x 4 and while there I took a
quick look to price a replacement 18V. De Walt battery since I have
one that needs a rebuild. Sure enough, there are the 18V XRP batteries
on the display tagged @ $119.00. next hook over are 2 packs priced
$99.00 each, (was $179.00). Took a 2 pack to the check out and sure
enough it went through for $99.00. Best price I've seen for rebuild is
$58.00.

I assume these are all De Walt batteries. I don't recall that the Borg
has Bosch battery packs.

Joe Gwinn

Yes, De Walt. I don't recall Bosch, but then, I wasn't looking for
them.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada