Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

Default Simple tone control?

This looks a lot like the kind of tone controls mass-market
consumer-electronics equipment has been using for the past 60 years.

I don't know /exactly/ what your plans are, but the 1kHz corner frequency is
about the worst possible if you're trying to correct errors in the speakers
you're designing.

Unless you want a "tone control" that produces shrill treble and boomy bass,
you need to move the treble corner up, and the bass down.

Furthermore, it would make sense to design the speakers first, and see what
sort of correction they need. There are plenty of inexpensive drivers with
relatively flat response (if you believe the spec sheets). Neither they nor
most recordings will need much in the way of correction, so the best tone
control would be one that supplies small amounts of boost and cut at the
frequency extremes.

Unless you're looking for lots of boom and sizzle.

There are plenty of op-amps with a wider voltage range -- the 5534 and
TL-074 come to mind, but these are rather old designs. I'm sure someone will
be able to recommend something newer.