Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Interesting Find - Tech Spray Blue Stuff

"Chris F." wrote:
I recently bought a bunch of stuff from another closed-out repair shop,
and came across a rather interesting find. It's a very old can of Tech Spray
Blue Stuff, it's nearly full and still works. I remembered that 30+ years
ago (a bit before my time), many tuner sprays contained freon - some Zenith
tuners actually had stickers specifying it's exclusive use. Curious, I
sprayed a bit on my finger and found it extremely cold. Could this be a
(presumably rare) freon-based product of long ago? And is it something I
could actually use, on vintage TV tuners? And would it have any value to
collectors?

Most sprays come out cold, some have butane.
I bought a couple cans about 3-4 years ago, NOS.

Greg