Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Thoughts on this little oddity, anyone ...?

Some of it like the Sonic Hologram Generator built into a couple of the
preamps did work pretty close to his verbal description, if you could get

it
set up properly. Once I got a copy of the "test record", everything fell

into
place and I enjoyed that "effect" for years.

The SHG actually worked wonderfully with simply miked recordings. I no
longer use mine, but it made my own recordings sound more like what I'd
actually heard at the mic. That's saying something.

However... When I suggested that the device didn't /really/ work the way he
thought it did, and that he had possibly stumbled onto something
significant, Bob dismissed my suggestion. "No, it works the way it's
supposed to." It was like talking to John Atkinson.