Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
DaveC[_3_] DaveC[_3_] is offline

Default Mixing 4 audio channels to 3?

Here's the latest:
JF

Almost! :-)

I need some absolute attenuation for the sub's output and some relative to
the input signal.

In other words: I need to be able to change the input level to the mixer
(each of the 2 sound card's level will remain most of the time at max) so I
can change volume for each stereo input (from each sound card) and for the
*relative* level of the sub. The way it is now, the sub is outputting full
level (no pots in that circuit) and the L and R channels are variable.

So, the input to the sub mixer circuit needs to come from the input pots'
wipers, not directly from the input. And U3 needs variable gain.

The power amp (that this mixer is supplying the audio to) has a mute pin that
has a slow R-C tc on it, so we can eliminate S1-S3 and assoc. components, I
think.

Thanks!