Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) is offline

Default What grease to use on forklift axle/wheel bearing

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 08:15:53 -0600, Ignoramus30836
wrote:

I received all the brake parts that I need to fix the brakes on the
outdoor Cat forklift. I just wanted to ask what is the proper grease
to use around the Timken wheel bearing. Thanks.

Either a black or blue Lithium High Pressure grease should work -
the blue stuff is more waterproof for boats. But that's only an
educated guess.

Get hold of the Service Manual for the forklift. It will have all
that information in the Maintenance section, and a whole lot more.

Even shows the entire repair process broken down into steps, so you
don't have mystery parts left over when you're done.

-- Bruce --