Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What grease to use on forklift axle/wheel bearing

On 11/10/2011 10:04 AM, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus30836 wrote:

I received all the brake parts that I need to fix the brakes on the
outdoor Cat forklift. I just wanted to ask what is the proper grease
to use around the Timken wheel bearing. Thanks.

Any good wheel bearing grease should be fine, it's not like it's a high
speed bearing. I'd go with a good synthetic grease personally, I've had
great luck with all the Mobil 1 products over the years.

I like "Mobil I" products also. In some instances it's overkill and
expensive but it's my standard and in critical applications it shines.