Jay Pique

Default "Best" saw for accurate x-cuts and miters

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 20:35:11 -0800, Tim Carver
wrote:

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 13:18:29 -0500, Jay Pique
wrote:

Will a SCMS hold it's position if you tune it dead nuts to 90 degrees
and leave it there, or will it creep? I'm getting the sense that the
ideal situation would be to have a separate SCMS (CMS, MS) for 45s and
90s, as well as one you use for odd angles that you change the
adjustments on.

IME, you are worried about a non-existant problem. Good sliders are
dead accurate at 45 and 90, and they hold it forever, as near as I can
tell.

That's good to hear. I like the idea of putting a really good "glue
line" rip blade on the TS and leaving it. Then just using the chopper
with a good zero-clearance fence for 90s and miters. It'll save time
for sure.

JP