Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
DaveC[_3_] DaveC[_3_] is offline

Default Mixing 4 audio channels to 3?

No need for that. You're going to have an 8-volt bias sitting on each
cap (half of your supply voltage), and the audio signals that they see
will only be a volt or two, peak-to-peak, so the caps will always be
polarized in the direction I indicated.

It's entirely usual and standard practice to use polar electrolytics
in this sort of situation. If you want to get fancy I'm sure you
could find an exotic 'lytic (like one of the new solid-electrolyte
types), but I see no need for that in this application.
Dave P.

I'm learnin'! Thanks for the explanation. I'll use standard aluminum 'lytics
here, connected as noted.

Dave C.