Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dan Kozar[_2_] Dan Kozar[_2_] is offline

Default How do I figure board width on a segmented bowl ring?

In article
3451703.538.1320874210986.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@vbct14,
jtpryan wrote:

Thank you. But it's not the length I need, that is relatively easy. It is
the width, as in the difference between the short length and the long length.
So I know how wide a strip of board I need to cut.

Jim

Jim,

I've never done this, but I would probably use somewhere around twice
the wall thickness that you want to end up with. Maybe a bit more in
case of the wood grabbing the gouge,and making a mess. Remember, gouge
presentation to the wood never causes those yucky catches, It is always
the woods fault. :-) Mean old nasty wood!