Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Building a Laundry Cabinet

On 11/6/2011 7:00 PM, jloomis wrote:
Any ideas out there for a 4 to 6 ft. laundry cabinet.
It will have a counter space, and no sink, maybe drawers?
I am remodeling a laundry room and wanted some ideas?
I may make it out of birch play/paint grade.

Do all drawer hardware come so that the "face frame is about 1" larger
so that the hardware works?

For most medium duty, side mounted drawer slides, the required width of
your drawer is 1" less than the cabinet opening.

Undermount drawer slides requirements are much more strict as to drawer
dimensions so:

Buy your drawer slides BEFORE you build your drawers and cabinets!

What is a good height of a laundry type work cabinet with counter top?
(average?)

Same as a kitchen: 36"

Base cabinet is usuall 34 1/2" tall and 24" deep. 3/4" substrate plus
3/4" countertop material = 36"

How deep are drawers usually?

If you mean how tall are the sides, that varies, but a 8" is fairly
common for the cabinet drawer height opening, so a drawer side can be
anywhere from 4" to 7 1/2" in height. Any smaller and the usuable space
is constrained, and any taller and it might get so full that items can
get cocked inside and make opening difficult.

Buy your drawer slides BEFORE you build your drawers and cabinets!

What is a standard depth?

If you mean length from front to back:

18" - 22"

Buy your drawer slides BEFORE you build your drawers and cabinets.

I know, I could just about do anything......
I do cabinets and am a bit rusty.
John

Did you get the point about buying your drawer slides BEFORE you build
your cabinets? G

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010