Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default kitchen cabinet - 1 attachment

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

On 06 Nov 2011 11:57:08 GMT, Han wrote:

Example of 1 of our top cabinets. We like the superblonde maple and
the little muntins in the glass, which are ~2 1/2" off the styles and
rails whether the doors are narrow like these or much wider.

Nice looking cabinets, but do you still like the idea of glass in the
doors? I don't think I want to display the interior of some of ours.

We have some cabinets with solid maple doors as well, but our kitchen is
very small (8x 13 1/2 feet) and has 3 doors (main entry door, dining
room door opening only, and basement entry door, opening out) plus a
chimney intruding 22", and 20" wide. Having the upper cabinets with
solid doors would make it seem even smaller. The picture shows the dark
blue tile backsplash which visually makes the kitchen bigger. My wife
and I at times do a nice dance around each other while we prepare food
together. We have fairly frequent dinner parties for our family, with
up to 16 people, and everyone seems to enjoy that!! People are
encouraged to help themselves to things they want during the parties.

There is nothing in the upper cabinets that I would feel ashamed of
showing. I don't understand your concern. Are you ever coming near NYC,
specifically the Paramus-Paterson area of NJ, near the intersection of
Rts 17 & 4 (where there is an IKEA - not open on Sundays because of the
Bergen county blue laws)?

--
Best regards
Han