Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Good sound; intermittent picture.

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 11:39:23 -0700 (PDT), "malua mada!"
wrote:

I have a 25" Sharp TV, CRT, that often loses its picture, but never
the sound. * (Other than that, the picture and sound are very good.
It's analog and I only use channel 3 and a separate tuner.)

TV tuner?

DVDR with tuner and hard drive. In the bedroom.

So is that tuner putting out TV signal on channel 3?

Yes, that's it. .

Or is it putting
out separate audio and video (more likely)?

No. I think it has audio and video outputs on the back of it, but
when I put in the wiring for the other rooms, I didn't think to put in
more than one co-ax line. But it's working fine in the kitchen.
Only this tv in the basement is intermittent. .

Is there more than one
connection between the two?
Audio tuner and separate audio sound system?

No. Everything is on that one co-ax line.

Thanks.