Posted to sci.electronics.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Hacking APC UPS's "Master/Controlled" Feature?

Per Nelson:
I find it a good little UPS for the money. I bought it to get through
short duration outages and it does a good job of it. I don't find the
lack of computer controlled, back up power outlets to be that much of
an issue, certainly at this price point. Not worth getting upset over
anyway :-)

Agreed - I just have this tendency to go ballistic when I see
(according to me.... -) especially-egregious violations of
common sense.

The thing about avoiding the router/switches draining the UPS
battery seems to me tb totally basic to the power loss situation.

I'd been using one of these guys http://tinyurl.com/6ce4f2a with
a conventional UPS and I guess I'll try to find a couple more.

--
PeteCresswell