Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Good sound; intermittent picture.

micky wrote:

The picture can be restored by bending the co-ax TV input cable one
way or the other. Sometimes this lasts for days at a couple hours
each day. Other times it lasts for 10 seconds.

Have you tried replacing the coax? It seems to me for a couple of bucks,
you can avoid a lot of effort if it works.

The antenna connector could be loose, or corroded. If you have any DeOxit,
put a drop on the end of a toothpick and clean the center contact of
the antenna socket. If it's an F connector, which is designed for bare
wire as the center contact use something thinner, like a bent paperclip.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(