Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Rowan nut bowls

On 10/27/2011 05:42 PM, Doug Winterburn wrote:
On 10/27/2011 06:10 PM, Kevin Miller wrote:
Finished some nutcracker bowls the other day. Made from rowan (aka
mountain ash). They're about 8" to 9" in diameter. I got the hardware at
the grocery store. Finished with lacquer.

Enjoy...

...Kevin

Very nice - and pro looking pics.

Thanks. The pics were pretty easy. They make big pieces of cardboard
with various shades of color for use as a background in photos. I
bought one some years back and got it out for these. Nothing fancy - I
just set it on a stool and curved it up to create a horizonless
background and shot them with my cheapo digital camera with the flash
turned off. We have full spectrum floursent lights in the kitchen so
the lighting came out pretty natural looking.

The hardest part was getting motivated to dig the back drop out of the
storage room in the garage! g

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb