Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default home-brew Freon TF substitutes?

Jim Yanik wrote:

I don't know if US parts suppliers even carry IPA in any percentage.

besides,after you open your bottle of 99% IPA,it probably absorbs enough
moisture from the air to drop it to 91%..... ;-)

What Microdyne bought came in a 5 gallon can, and it had a valve to
dispense the IPA.

Hmm,IIRC,Everclear (grain alcohol from a liquor store) is 95% ethanol.
I believe it's the highest % of alcohol lawfully sold for drinking
purposes.

I found a bottle of 198 proof whiskey in the barn on a farm some
friends had just bought, along with spurs for cockfighting. That was
back in the '60s and the former owner had died so there was no reason to
call the police. We just threw the junk into their scrap pile.

There are Google hits for 198 proof Everclear & white lightning.