Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Steph Steph is offline

Default unassembling external drive enclosure

"Mark Zacharias" wrote:
"Ninho" wrote in message
So, a 6/7 years old 80-gigabyte disk in an external USB 2.0
enclosure has failed me. I suspect the drive itself could be OK
but the USB interface or other electronics/connectics of the case
might have fail (it had been acting weird sometimes)

Does it utilize an external power supply adaptor? My Western
Digital MyBook developed bad caps in the power supply.

It does indeed - the possibility of a bad power supply hadn't even
traversed my mind ! The PS connects to the main unit using a DIN plug,
which to this layman seems a non standard arrangement and I don't know
where to find a spare.

--
Ninho