Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default OT How much IRA to take out?

On 10/25/2011 7:37 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
Anyone know of a rough way to figure out what is the right amount of
money to take out of retirement without paying too much tax that year?

Depends on what the definition of "too much" is?

My income will be the same this year is it was the last, but I want to
withdraw some of my retirement. How do you figure out what percent
tax you will have to pay?

It's pretty simple to estimate if your deductions are also similar to
last year's your marginal rate will begin at the point were in last
year. Question is where you are wrt the breakpoints which are
obtainable from tax tables at the irs site.

If you're subject to AMT or other special circumstances it's more
complex, obviously.

If you can recommend an "active" group where this would be on topic I
would appreciate it.

misc.taxes.moderated