Posted to alt.home.repair

Default repair broken aluminum storm window

On Oct 24, 10:56*am, TimR wrote:
I have a broken pane in the storm window, one of those aluminum frame
things that slides up and down in multiple channels.

Looks like a bb gun hole, then the whole glass pane cracked. *But it
could also be a stone thrown from a lawnmower, I guess.

Anyway, I got the broken one out of the window. *But i can't see how
to get the glass out of the frame. *I've replaced a zillion glass
panes in wood frame windows, with the glaziers points and putty
approach, and done a few screens with the rubber strip and spline
tool. *But this one doesn't come apart in any obvious way.

What do I try next?

There are l-shaped brackets at each corner that fit inot slots in the
frame. But, the brackets are staked into the frame so they don't fall
out. You will need to spread the frame a little bit from front to
back, to get the brackets out. Dontr it several times over 50 years
of home ownership, no big deal, takes 5 minutes max to get all the
brackets out.