Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default repair broken aluminum storm window

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 08:56:50 -0700, TimR wrote:
Anyway, I got the broken one out of the window. But i can't see how to
get the glass out of the frame. I've replaced a zillion glass panes in
wood frame windows, with the glaziers points and putty approach, and
done a few screens with the rubber strip and spline tool. But this one
doesn't come apart in any obvious way.

If there are no obvious edge clips then there might be L-shaped pieces at
the corners which are simply a friction fit inside the four edges of the
frame - try holding a piece of wood up to the edge of one against the
glass and gently tapping the other end with a hammer.

cheers

Jules