Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Mitsubishi "Blinking Green Light"

On 10/23/2011 7:24 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 20:12:36 -0500,
wrote:

According to the web, this is a common problem on Mitsubishi rear-projection
TVs and is referred to as "The Blinking Green Light of Death." There are two
processors in the set and the light blinks for about a minute during power
on as they attempt to communicate. If the light KEEPS blinking, it means the
two processors cannot communicate properly.

If your hand fits a soldering iron, and you have access to about $7.00 worth
of capacitors, you can fix it yourself. Else be prepared to pay upwards of
$750 for the circuit board and installation.

See
http://www.highdefforum.com/rear-pro...descreens.html

Sounds like the perfect excuse to buy a flat screen just as big for
about the same cost as repairs. I've been seeing a lot of projection
TV's at the curb these days. Too expensive to fix and a mediocre
picture at best.

You can buy a flat screen for $7 worth of capacitors?

Failing electrolytic capacitors has become a common occurrence in
consumer electronics. A lot of wall warts fail because of this,
especially those in 2Wire power supplies. I've had two fail already.
There's a guy in ba.internet who cracks them open and replaces the bad
caps, but I prefer to just buy a better supply.