Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Winston Winston is offline

Default A cordless phone question

Ken wrote:
I have two AT&T model 1475 cordless phones.

(...)

My question: Just out of curiosity, what do the manufacturers do to make
their same model cordless phone communicate with only the base it
belongs?

(...)

I don't know, but I RTFM and this seems likely:

See page 36 of:
http://dl.owneriq.net/5/52d44f17-e87...da932f7357.pdf

Place your new-to-you base unit into a carton
and tape securely closed. Do not touch it
for about a week.

Unplug the power from your existing base unit.
Count to five slowly.

Take the battery out of the new-to-you handset,
count to five slowly and then put it back in.

Place your new-to-you handset onto your base unit
and plug the base unit power back in.

This will cause the unit to reinitialize (and
probably pair your new-to-you handset to your
base unit).

Test your old handset to see that it still works.

If this doesn't work try:
www.telephones.att.com, or call 1 800 222–3111.

--Winston