Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default computer problems

On Oct 22, 7:09*am, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
snip
I did something similar when my main drive became infected seven

years ago.
I bought another drive, installed a vanilla version of the OS on

it, from
which I probed to infected drive to clean it up.

I just had one of those 'DOH' moments. Since the OP just wants to
verify the drives, why not use something like Seagate diagnostics to
boot off of CD and test the drives.If the boot good drive is a Seagate
I don't think it matters what the brand of the test drive is. I expect
WD has something similar. That way he gets a report on the state of
the drive without infecting anything.