Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@att.net is offline

Default GE rant, and oven controll board problem

On Oct 20, 3:06*pm, George Herold wrote:
We have a GE profile electric oven (made in 1993). * The oven stopped
working. *When you pushed the button to turn the oven on the display
just blinked. *A call to the local repair guy, “We don’t service GE
stuff, sorry”. *I wondered why at the time. *So my wife called a GE
repairman and scheduled a visit. * The day before the visit he called
to get the problem details. *“Oh”, he says, “You need a new oven
control board and GE no longer makes it.”

So GE’s idea is that I buy a new oven. *I think I might rather have
hot pokers in my eye’s than buy a GE product!

Anyway I’m sending my board off to Fixyourboard.com tomorrow, ($160
and a two year guarantee). * Now I’ve got the board sitting in front
of me, if anyone here some idea of what to try I could save the money
and time. *There are no obvious blown bits on the board, and I removed
and reinstalled *the one connector cable.

Thanks guys, *And don’t buy a GE product!

George H.

It's almost 19 years old, what do you expect????