Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Re-winding solenoids.

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 05:22:39 -0500, Jeffrey Angus
wrote:

On 10/20/2011 9:51 PM, josephkk wrote:
Just for grins, Jeff 1.0 have you tried spice models of the rectifier
solenoid at 480 and 240? It may help you see something you may have
missed.

It hadn't occurred to me to do that.

See
where I mumbled:
At 60Hz, that's 276 uF. 330uf 600VDC caps should work.
I'm not very confident with my crude approximations. Therefore,
I would feed the model to LTSpice and see what it's really going
to do.
http://www.linear.com/designtools/software/#LTspice
Look for current and voltage spikes.

It's pretty much of a static
operation. You apply power, it pulls up on the armature. When the
mechanism changes position, an auxiliary switch disconnects the
solenoid.

You can specify an input pulse with:

Syntax: Ixxx n+ n- PULSE(Ioff Ion Tdelay Trise Tfall Ton Tperiod
Ncycles)

There are also other circuit simulators that might work:
http://www.falstad.com/circuit/ (Java)

Make me rich and I'll do the recti-fire and sol-e-void model for you.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS