Posted to sci.electronics.repair
George Herold George Herold is offline

Default GE rant, and oven controll board problem

On Oct 20, 5:24*pm, Winston wrote:
Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 13:06:35 -0700 (PDT), George Herold
*put finger to keyboard and composed:

We have a GE profile electric oven (made in 1993).

A model number may help.

A photo of the board would be nice, too.

Count yourself lucky, George.

I got an MTBF of 3.5 years out of my Maytag
(JennAir) oven. *I cut it up with an oxy torch a couple
weeks ago. *Highly recommended repair procedure
for that manufacturer (and highly satisfying). *

Hah, a big hammer would fun too. The GE repairman said something to
the effect that consumer surveys show people would rather have a
cheaper oven that lasts for 7-10 years, versus one that costs twice as
much and lasts twice as long. We vote everyday with our wallets. I
don't see why I need fancy electronics in my oven. A temperature
sensor and some simple control.

George H.

What Franc said.

http://www.repairclinic.com/
Click on 'Help me find my model number'
(Middle left side of page)

http://www.repairclinic.com/Range-Stove-Oven-Troubleshooting?red=Rang....

Part examples, some are well under $100.http://www.repairclinic.com/GE-Range...-Board-Or-Time...

--Winston -- repairclinic.com. No business relationship but a really happy customer.