Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default SMPS design ...

"Arfa Daily" wrote in
:

You shouldn't take things quite so literally, Phil. I was talking
about the primary side only when I said that, but yes, it pretty much
has a pair of small TO92 transistors, and a TO220 mosfet. Obviously,
it also has input filtering, a bridge, made of 4 discrete diodes, a
main filter cap, and assorted R and C to make those two little
transistors into an oscillator. About 20 components altogether. The
secondary side is exactly like any other fixed voltage typical design,
and there is, of course, a perfectly normal 6 pin opto for regulation
feedback. Better ?

Arfa

I've been wondering about how the regulating feedback loop works.
How does it modify the multivibrator's output?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik